- Entrepreneurs Learning to Love Yourself
- Entrepreneurs Making Wise Decisions for Success
- How Organizing a Peaceful Atmosphere for Entrepreneurial Success
- Entrepreneurs Motivation and Momentum
- Three Ways to Balance Your Life for Entrepreneurial Success
There are many physical benefits to organization, but did you know that organizing your space can also have positive mental and spiritual benefits?
Purging your home and workplace of clutter and unnecessary items can symbolize a deeper process of cleansing and purification. As you toss old, useless clutter and better organize what’s left, you are in effect creating a sensation of lightness and freedom that can benefit you both mentally and spiritually.
On an energetic level, the effects of cleaning and de-cluttering can be even more profound because the process clears stagnation and calls in a flow of fresh, invigorating energy (also called “chi,” “ki,” or “qi” – which means “universal life energy”).
What does this mean for you and your space? More peace, prosperity, harmony and success!
Below you’ll find some quick tips on how to organize for a more serene atmosphere:
1) First and foremost, clearing away clutter is crucial. Clutter drains your energy, scatters your focus and leaves you feeling overwhelmed and restricted. Take as much time as necessary to remove items that are no longer needed and put away items to be kept. However, don’t toss them carelessly into drawers and closets; be sure to organize and place them neatly where they belong. Clutter is clutter, and you’ll experience the same negative effects even if it’s hidden away.
2) Once your surroundings are ordered, it’s time to do a physical cleaning job. Grab a vacuum cleaner, mops, buckets, dusting cloths, glass cleaner and any other supplies you’ll need, and clean like you’ve never cleaned before! It’s important to do a thorough job because you are not just cleaning away visible dirt – you are also removing any residue left by stagnant, negative energy. You may not be able to see it, but you can still be affected by it on some level if you don’t remove it completely.
3) Finally, take a breather and look at your surroundings. Notice that they look better, but also notice the difference in the way the environment feels. Does it feel lighter and calmer? Most people can feel the difference right away.
You’re not done yet, however! Now you’re going to call in some beneficial energy to take the place of what you just cleared out. There are many ways to do this, and none of them are better or more effective than the others. Choose one or more that appeal to you.
One of the most common techniques is to “smudge” the area using a bundle of dried sage leaves. (These can be purchased in herb shops or online.) Light the end of the sage stick and blow out the flame so the leaves smolder and release fragrant smoke. Walk through the rooms of your home and waft the scented smoke into the air. As you do, state aloud that you are removing negative energy and inviting a flow of fresh, beneficial energy to take its place.
Another technique is to simply light scented incense and candles in every room. The scents don’t really matter except that they are pleasing to you, but some popular choices include: lavender, rosemary, lemongrass, sage, sandalwood, myrrh, frankincense and rose.
Finally, you can use meditation and visualization to call in positive energy. Simply sit comfortably and perform deep-breathing exercises to bring yourself into a meditative state. Then imagine brilliant white light infusing every room of your home. Imagine that it fairly hums and crackles with an electrical charge, zapping any negativity that still lingers and replacing it with peace and harmony.
Doing this process just once can create quite an impressive change in the atmosphere of your home, but doing it on a regular basis can be even more effective. Try it once every 3 months for starters, but do it as often as you need to if you sense the atmosphere becoming heavy and sluggish again.